Tuesday 10 April 2012

Kawaii Sushi Start & Finish!

There is a shop on Etsy called Wee Little Stitches where they sell the cutest little cross stitch patterns!  I loved this kawaii sushi pattern they had, so I bought it. The shipping was fast, and the pattern + explanations were super clear!  They also have a super cute blog http://weelittlestitchescrossstitch.blogspot.ca/ you should go check them out!!!

For this project I used a 14 count Aida fabric in Willow Green.  I used 3 strands for the cross stitch, and 2 strands for back stitching and french knots.  I started on Sunday April 8, and finished on Monday.  It was so much FUN!!!  Here are some WIPs:



The colors the designer had chosen were Perfect!  It even looks amazing just like this, without the kawaii faces!  But of course, I adore all things kawaii, so I added the faces, and the lettering, too.  Here is the finished Kawaii Sushi:


OMG!!! IT IS JUST SO CUUUTE!!!!!!!!
The finished piece is 4 x 6 inches.  I just love Kawaii Shushi! 

Annie ^_^

11 comments:

  1. This is really cute! thanks for the links...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at those patterns on etsy just yesterday, no lie!
    That is awesome. I look forward to the complete finish now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    I'm a new follower!

    I love your finish, it's so cute. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omygosh, toocute. I have a sushi shirt that states "Don't eat us, we love you~" and this so reminds me of it. No one can eat such adorableness. /incredibly random.

    Hi, also a new follower! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO cute! I LOVE that you added the faces and lettering - absolute perfection - you must be VERY patient though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie, thank you for visiting me, and thank you for your sweet comments.
    Your sushi cross stitch project is very different. You have a great imagination.

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darling! I'm also stopping by to thank you for following me on my Lavender Rose Ramblings blog recently. Thanks so much. I also have a blog called: A Bookish Libraria~The Bookish Dame Reviews, where I review current books and have book giveaways. I hope you'll stop by there, too, if you have a chance. I'm having several giveaways right now including a $40 gift certificate. Thanks again for visiting me and following! I'm your new follower, too. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete