Wednesday 4 January 2012

Christmas Stockings

I wanted to make Christmas stockings for my husband Fred, my son Alex and for myself.  I started all three a couple years ago, and only finished my husband's.  Here are the WIP of my son's Polar Bears stocking, which actually is printed needlepoint and not cross stitch.  But still adorable!:


 Next is my counted cross stitch stocking with kittens:





Here is the finished stocking I had made for my husband:





 This was a printed cross stitch and had some areas that were embroidered.  It came out very pretty.  Here is a close up:







Annie ^_^

7 comments:

  1. Hello just wondering where you found the needlepoint kit for the polar bear stocking? I can't seem to find anywhere.
    Thanks kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you buy your polar bear joy stocking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find your polar bear stocking! My daughters obsession with polars is out of this world and I’d love to make her this stocking

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get the cross stitch pattern off Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can i ask you a question about polar bear joy? I have the kit but I feel like I lost the pattern. I have the canvas, needle and thread. I also have the page that defines which color is which. I do not have a color chart of the actual pattern like cross stitch patterns have. I have never done a needlepoint. Does this come with a pattern or do you just eyeball it?

    ReplyDelete