Friday 27 January 2012

Jane Eyre

Here is another cross stitch pattern I bought from Book Pilgrim.  It's Jane Eyre, one of my all-time favorite novels!  I stitched her on 14 count Aida using 3 strands of DMC and gold metallic Kreinik thread for the brooch holding her shawl.  Here is a WIP:


 As with Heathcliff, I chose the colors for this project, but I really didn't like her hair color once I had stitched it, so I undid it and re-stitched it in a different color.  I really like the gold Kreinik!  Here she is all finished:

I am very happy with the way she came out.  I prefer this hair color.  I tried to match it as much as possible to Jane Eyre's hair color from the 2011 movie.  I still have to wash, iron and then frame her in a 4 inch hoop.  If you like her, here is the link to the shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BookPilgrim

Annie ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE cross stitching. I have made many many beautiful ones, all framed and hung around my home. I am very proud of them. I miss it - thanks to the Internet and on-line activities, I have not Xstitched in about 10 years. I am still completly equipped, so I hope one day I pick it up again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simone! You totally should pick it up again! You will be so happy when you do, you will think "why didn't I start this up again before?". I bet your finished works are awesome! If you ever start up a blog let me know cuz I would love to see them! ^_^

      Delete